DISCLAIMER: THERE ARE AFFILIATE LINKS IN THIS POST. THIS MEANS THAT AT NO COST TO YOU, I WILL RECEIVE A SMALL COMMISSION IF YOU PURCHASE THROUGH MY LINK.
The quickest recovery is what any patient suffering from a 5th metatarsal fracture would want. However, usually, the hastiness ends up causing more injury and further recovery time. You want to heal your damage and manage the pain with a calm and sensible mind.
And once you start thinking calmly, you’ll notice the very first thing you should do is look for the best shoes for 5th metatarsal fracture that will protect your feet and help in the treatment.
Let’s talk about 7 recommendations that are super useful during this painful phase.
Best Shoes For 5th Metatarsal Fracture
We won’t wait any single moment and tell you further about the recommendations first. Go through the complete reviews and hopefully you’ll find yourself a worthy pair of shoes.
1. BraceAbility Post-Op Surgical Walking Shoe– Get Safer Movement Fifth Metatarsal Fracture Shoes with This One
On top of that, this shoe comes with a square toe box that makes sure your toe is moving in a good way. It also makes sure your fractured foot gets bandaging and swelling with no snag.
If you prefer a rocker sole that gives good stability after minor surgeries, then it’s a good pick. It is also perfect for enjoying a better bottom support arch to avoid pressure.
- The square toe helps to avoid tipping.
- It has an affordable price.
- The sole is thicker for comfortable wear.
- It fits tight yet adjustable.
- Good shoe for Metatarsalgia.
- Sadly, the straps are long.
2. ProCare Squared Toe Post-Op Shoe– Enjoy Sturdy Post Op Shoe for Metatarsal Fracture with This One
With high ankle strapping, the shoe allows the user’s foot to stay in the proper position to avoid damage. This thing also makes sure no harm to your fractured foot when it comes to a tight fit.
By and large, this shoe is a big blessing for any fractured sufferers to get better ease of ambulation for protecting the foot. It is also great for both men and women to try out.
- The footbed is firm yet cozy to place in.
- It gives full freedom of movement.
- The Velcro strap doesn’t dig into the ankle or foot.
- It’s easy to move around.
- Good for switching from the high boot.
- Not for a narrow foot.
3. BraceAbility Closed Toe Medical Walking Shoe– The Best Shoes for Stress Fracture in Foot
Unlike other brands, this shoe comes with a large yet closed toe box design that allows your foot to enjoy extra rooms. It also makes sure you are swelling, bandages, sock, and casting at ease.
In general, the shoe is an ideal pick for anyone who wants a lightweight and longevity surgical walking boot. It is also good for healing your foot from pain, injury, and infection.
- It’s quite easy to wear.
- The adjustable Velcro straps give good protection.
- It helps keep away from bumping.
- The shoe gives stable support on any road.
- Good pick for everyday use.
- Some buyers find it wider.
4. United Ortho Walker Fracture Shoe– One of the Best Shoes After Jones Fracture for Faster Healing
Made for users’ comfort and compression, this shoe has air bladders that cool down your fractured foot. It also makes sure your foot is getting better comfort and support when walking.
On the whole, this shoe is a great investment if you want a 6-month warranty and prop up natural walking. And, you can try this shoe out if you want increased durability and stability for daily use.
- It has a good air cast.
- The shoe is cozy when walking.
- It gives a sturdy sole.
- Fairly comfortable boot for stress fractures.
- It has plenty of room at the toe box.
- Many people have reliability problems.
5. Darco Slim Line Cast Shoe– Perfect Aircast Boot for 5th Metatarsal Fracture Foot
On top, this shoe comes with universal forefoot closure with 3 hook and loop straps for a good fit. It as well as makes sure users switch between right and left closure at ease.
For those who want a curved rocker sole with a square toe design shoe that keeps feet from bumping, then it’s a fine pick. It’s also ideal for easily accommodating for dressing and swelling.
- It is adjustable.
- Great pick for walking purposes.
- The shoe comes at a good price point.
- It feels homely than other big boots.
- The wide strap across the foot is stable.
- It has inaccurate sizing options.
6. Mars Wellness Post Op Women’s Walking Shoe– Ladies Beloved Broken 5th Metatarsal Walking Boot to Cut Pressure
This shoe also comes with a shock-absorbing ankle heel with a rigid non-skid tread that makes sure you are walking fine. It also makes sure you are not facing bump or slip snags with this one.
Overall, this shoe is a life partner for any broken foot sufferers to enjoy no ankle or heel pain for proper foot positioning. It’s also excellent for keeping your feet dirt free.
- It has a reasonable price point.
- The shoe doesn’t feel heavy on the feet.
- Perfect pick for protection.
- This fracture shoe is comfortable.
- Easy to walk with.
- A few buyers find the sole hard.
7. Mars Wellness Post Op Men’s Walking Shoe– Keep Your Toe Clean and Dry with This One
Plus, this shoe comes with a customizable strap on top that can be cut down to get your preferred size. It also has double-sided Velcro square straps for achieving an ideal fit.
Generally speaking, it is one of the coolest options for men’s fractured feet to use while walking or driving. The shoe is great for giving extra comfort to the toe area to heal faster.
- For the quality, it’s hard to beat.
- The sole has a good skid tread.
- Ideal option for broken toes.
- This rocker boot eliminates most toe pressure.
- It has good client support.
- Not good for fractures.
Cast Vs Boot for Broken Foot
Cast and boot for broken feet are two smartest picks for sufferers to get the help for walking or resting peacefully. If you have a broken foot and want good protection and secure fit, then the cast is a great option.
The cast is usually made of rigid yet soft pads that hold the broken foot in still position. This thing gives you a better stillness position so that your broken foot heals easily. Yet, you cannot remove them to shower as it will keep the broken foot dry. Also, if not fitting rightly, it can come out too.
Unlike cast, the broken foot boot is made with a stiff sole, nonskin tread, and leather material so that you find full freedom of travel. Not only this, but it can also be removed so that you shower peacefully. Also, the boot is comfortable to sleep with, not like the cast.
Both cast and boot are great in their own way. However, nearly all doctors and orthopedic surgeons give the advice to wear the boot when it comes to better safety and accessibility. The cast is good for deeper fractures while minor foot splinters dearest partner is a boot.
Facts to Look for the Best Shoes for 5th Metatarsal Fracture
After checking the reviews, you want to learn what things to consider before going with shoes for fractures. Depending on the features and quality, one should always make a decision to achieve the best shoe. So, read down below to find out more:
Inspect the Material
When it comes to picking shoes for your fracture, you want to check the material first. Most quality shoes for 5th Metatarsal fracture should be made of rocker sole & non-skid tread traction that ensure extra stability against wear and tear troubles.
Don’t Forget About the Fitting
You definitely don’t want to achieve a fracture shoe that gives slippage or loose fit. For that reason, it’s vital to check the fitting before picking one. If you are male or female, you want to check your feet size and then pick one that gives a stiff and ideal fit.
Pick the Ventilated Shoe
Another thing which you want to check before picking a shoe is its ventilation ability. Most fractures need air to cool down the foot that gives comfort when walking or resting. If you go with a low breathability shoe, it may cause your broken foot to sweat more which will result in slippage.
Check the Toe Design
Toe design of fractured foot shoes should come with a square toe box with good space. So, go with a shoe that has slip-free tread to avoid accidents.
Frequently Asked Questions
And here we are hitting the finale of today’s shoe finding discussions. Hopefully, you will have one certain suitable pick from these 7 best shoes for 5th metatarsal fracture. There are many other pairs available as well.
But we believe these are right now the finest options for the case of metatarsal fracture. However, do your own research if you still find yourself confused. We hope you find that right, comfortable, and helpful pair of shoes that will come use during this really painful phase.
We Wish You A Quick Recovery!